When I talk about the HypnoBirthing® childbirth education classes that I teach many people either don’t know what it is or think it is about giving birth in water or having a birth experience without any pain at all (which is actually true for some women. Not common, but possible.).
If you’ve ever wondered what HyponBirthing is and if it might be the right childbirth education course for you, here is a summary of what it is, what it’s not, and what’s typically covered in a 5-week class series.
What is HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method?
Mongan Method HypnoBirthing is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing and stress-free birthing experience. HypnoBirthing teaches you and your birth companion the art and joy of giving birth in a more comfortable and enjoyable way. You’ll learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication.
HypnoBirthing allows you to release all prior expectations—internal and societal—and connect with your own natural birthing instincts, to trust your body and work with it, and free yourself from harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
When you’re properly prepared for childbirth, and when the mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does for all other creatures. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed, as you begin your new chapter in motherhood.
♥ How Hypnobirthing can support you in having a calm and empowered birth.
· Hypnobirthing works for any type of birth. C-section, home birth, Vbac, water birth…
· You’ll focus on what you want vs. what you don’t want and discuss the power of the mind.
· You’ll receive guided scripts that you can use throughout your pregnancy to help create a calmer more relaxed pregnancy and birth experience.
♥ What is hypnosis?
· A deep meditation
· A focused concentrated awareness
· Deep relaxation
· Voluntary acceptance of a suggestion
♥ Hear about positive birth stories from HynoBirthing moms.
· We watch videos demonstrating positive birth experiences using HypnoBirthing techniques.
♥ You’ll learn how fear and tension lead to unnecessary interventions and delayed labor.
· Relaxation is Key!
♥ You’ll learn how you can create relaxation and ease during your labor and delivery. (It is possible!)
· Learning and practicing the techniques taught.
· Other relaxation techniques like light touch massage.
♥ Course details, logistics and a list of all the materials included in the course.
· Series of 5 weekly 2.5-hour class meetings, helping you to understand how to have a calmer, easier birth. Go over Course Outline Page 8
· Your own copy of the Fourth Edition HypnoBirthing® Text, HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method- Show Book
· 4 audio tracks for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone track, Rainbow Relaxation)
· Professionally written scripts for your home practice
· Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
· A set of Birth Prompts for your Birth Companion
· Well-paced class instruction is designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing.
· Small classes for personal attention; Private instruction available if desired
· Good pregnancy nutrition and body toning exercises
· Several deep relaxation and breathing techniques for use during labor and birthing
· Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
· Hypnotic sessions in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
If you’re interested in learning more about HypnoBirthing the Mongan Method or to find a certified teacher in your area, visit https://us.hypnobirthing.com/
If you live in the DC Metro area, please join Kristy for a 5-class series that begins March 2nd, 2019. For more information, click here.
Kristy S. Rodriguez, pre- and postnatal wellness expert and advocate, is the owner and founder of Pure Nurture, LLC, a business devoted to educating and inspiring women to nurture and nourish themselves through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. As a Holistic Health Coach and Registered Yoga Teacher specializing in pre- and postnatal wellness, Kristy works with individual clients, as well as teaching classes and workshops, both in person and online. Connect with her at purenurture.com or on Instagram and Facebook.